Tuesday 5th April competition will be going ahead
This will be played on a slightly modified 18 hole course as follows:
- The 3rd will be a par 4 (walk down path from old tee and cross to the RHS of the fairway to avoid the heavy fairway, then down to tees for a 263/255m par 4).
- The 8th will be divided in to a par 4 from the old tee to the temporary green in play for social rounds (8a). Then walk up LHS of the fairway/rough to a 151/147m par 3 (8b).
- The 10th and 11th will be given 2 point holes as the 11th fairway is far to wet to walk down and the green is still recovering from the damage from boogie boards.
Walk down cart path beside the 11th to the 12th tee
- The men’s 13th tee will be from where the ladies tees are (beside the safety net). 20m after leaving the tee you will have to veer left off the fairway and follow the mown track to access the fairway further on.
- 17a – a small area in front of the green may be quite damp so a free drop to a point no nearer the hole should be used.
No motorised carts or bikes allowed.
Tee-up through the green.
If a ball is lost or unplayable in the rough (remember it is tee up even in the rough) a 2 club length drop from the edge of the rough can be taken but will incur a 1 stroke penalty.
If a ball is plugged/lost when known to be on the fairway – a free drop from the estimated position in consultation with playing partners.
Temporary greens will only be cut to fairway height, so inside the circle will be a given 1-putt. (slightly smaller greens though)
It is still reasonably heavy underfoot and the fairways are being cut to about ball height (it is sometimes hard to see the ball on the fairway)
These rounds will not go to Golflink as the course will be very unfair.
The rounds may be slow as people will be spending more time looking for balls as well.